Oklahoma’s dedication to providing the resources necessary to help you reach your full potential couldn’t be greater. The McClendon Center for Student-Athlete Academic Success is just 100 yards away from the football complex and is the epicenter of all scholastic activities for our student-athletes. From one-on-one tutoring and counseling to career and leadership development, we equip you with the tools necessary to help you succeed not only on the field but in the classroom.
Consistently ranked one of the top public universities in the world, the University of Oklahoma offers over 170 different majors with top 10 programs in business, meteorology, and engineering. Our award-winning faculty educate with excellence. OU is the only public university in US history to rank 1st among both public and private universities in number of national merit scholars.
From our fully-funded study abroad program to our unique post-eligibility scholarship organization, scholastic opportunities are endless at Oklahoma!
OU facts & figures
- Undergraduate student population of approximately 21,000
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 18:1
- Average class size of 32, with less than 4 percent of classes having more than 100 students
- More than 170 different majors
- Seven different colleges with 67 degree programs, including our own Law School and Health Sciences Center
- Most popular programs (all ranked in the top 10 nationally): meteorology, petroleum engineering, ballet, musical theatre, entrepreneurship, international business, energy management, journalism
- OU has achieved the Carnegie Foundation’s highest tier of research activity classification
- OU has achieved an all-time record freshman-to-sophomore retention rate of 90 percent, ranking OU among the top universities in the nation. OU is one of only 34 public institutions in the nation currently reporting retention rates of 90 percent or higher.
- Our campus is ranked in the top 25 most beautiful campuses in the United States.
- OU is the first public university in the country to build residential colleges for upperclassmen and women, patterned on those at Yale, Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge in England. The living/learning communities are becoming the cornerstone of the undergraduate experience.
- Access to industry-specific career fairs, a robust offering of Career Services and faculty/alumni connections eager to help you get into competitive markets all over the country and the world.